Who We Are
Our website address is: www.AkiakTechnology.com
Information About You That We Collect and Process
The personal information that we collect about you depends on the specific services or activities we undertake but typically consists of:
- Contact information: name, address, email address, phone number, country of residence, language
- Transaction information: our company portal username and password, details of how you use any product or service provided by Akiak Technology, your contact preferences, details of what your inquiry or engagement with Akiak Technology may concern, and
- Employment information: job title, the company or organization you work for, details you may provide if you apply to work for us.
- We use different methods to collect your personal information including when you:
- fill in forms or use the functions and services on our website, including any interactive features such as an online forum on our website
- enter into a contract with us (e.g., by means of our sales representatives, through service agreements, as a supplier, or a business partner, etc.)
- access our premises
- use our IT resources and communication systems (e.g., email, network, Wi-Fi, etc.)
- register to use any of our online customer portals
- correspond with us by phone, email, letters or otherwise
- apply to work for us
- subscribe to any of our services or communication channels
- respond to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, or
- provide it to third parties who may disclose your information to us, such as our business partners.
All information we collect and process about you is stored on our secure servers located in our various business units or hosted in secure cloud-based environments. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How Long We Will Store Your Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your information, the purposes for which we process your information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles or external links on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your Rights: Access to Your Information
You may have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. If you wish to exercise this right where possible under applicable privacy or data protection laws, please contact us at [email protected] .